The Foundation seeks applications from outstanding creative artists at all career stages with a record of significant achievement in their fields. Videographers, filmmakers, novelists, playwrights, poets, visual artists, and artists in performance art and multimedia from any country are welcome to apply. Projects in all fields are welcome, but there is an interest in projects that are inspired by or relates to global or social issues.
Length of Stay:
Arts & Literary Arts Residencies last between two to four weeks.
- Online application form including the 500 word Project Description
- Completed Project Proposal Questions document (.doc or .pdf format)
- Curriculum Vitae (not to exceed 4 single-spaced pages)
- Work Sample(s) according to your artistic discipline
- Three recommendation Letters with knowledge of your project
Possible residency between February 18, 2014 to July 31, 2014.
Residents are housed in two main buildings and each resident is given a private room with a bath and a study/studio, either adjoining the bedroom or on the grounds. High-speed Internet access is available free of charge in all bedrooms and most studies. A small library includes basic reference books and online research tools; the works of many former residents and those resulting from Bellagio meetings are also available. The visual artist studio is quite small, and not suited for large works or installations. There is no kiln or darkroom at the Center.